Our guiding principles are Integrity, Professionalism, and a Passion for our work that builds your success.
- We strive to give value to every client in every engagement.
- We hold ourselves and our clients to the highest of ethical standards.
- We take an interest in our clients’ success and their contribution to our community.
- We treat everyone with dignity and respect.
Laura L Canales CPA MPA
Laura L Canales CPA MPA is an accounting professional with over 25 years experience in financial accounting and tax preparation. She leads small, family-owned businesses from formation through profitability to succession planning and retirement. Utilizing Laura’s expertise and advice, businesses can continually update their administrative systems, processes and technologies to improve operating profitability and administrative efficiency.
Although she has been associated with the University of Florida’s Small Business Development Center early in her career, and more recently with the Boise Campus of the University of Phoenix, her heart is in Community Education. Laura is one of Boise’s recognized business instructors, teaching classes geared toward small businesses and start-ups. She also provides one-on-one and group training in various accounting and business software systems, like Quickbooks® and Microsoft® Office.
Laura strives to learn something new each year, inside of her profession. Nordic skiing, rollerblading and golf are her recent endeavors, and golf has become her sport of choice. When not on the course with her husband or friends, she can be found biking or walking her dogs on the greenbelt, cooking a meal with family and friends, traveling, or just curled up with a good book.
- Loyola University of Chicago, Bachelor of Business Administration, Finance, Illinois State Scholar
- Bowie State University (university of Maryland, European Division), Master of Arts in Administrative Management, Public Administration, summa cum laude
- Boise State University, completed classes for Accountancy equivalent
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Small Firms Chair, Idaho Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Volunteer Instructor, Boise Schools Community Education
- Board Member, National Association of Women Business Owners
- Past Treasurer, Executive Women’s Golf Association
- Past President, American Society of Women Accountants, Boise Chapter
- Past Treasurer, Madison Park HOA
- Protect family needs through insurance planning
- Plan for your child’s education
- Plan for the preservation of your estate
- Maximize business potential through proper business planning
- Attract and retain key employees
- Plan for a comfortable retirement